Saturday, December 19, 2009

New Design Team Members Announcement!



OMG! I have been sitting on this announcement for far too long!

Through the course of the last couple months as I knew some design team members would be stepping down from their positions and the official end of the design team term was drawing near, I asked a few very talented crafters that i truly believed would be a great asset to our little family at PMS to join the crew. To my complete joy, each wonderfully talented crafter I asked said yes! But when i thought about it, i simply could not bear to let anyone go on my team (that didnt already need to go for other commitments, etc). So i decided to just add on!!!

Now I know there are a lot of questions at why I didnt put out an open call as i did in the very beginning of PMS. Just to answer a few questions there, open calls are very fun. They introduce you to talent you may not have known was there. Here's the tricky part though, and I never understood this part until I help an open call myself.... they are HARD! And they take a lot of time going thru all the amazing talent that everyone has to offer. Christi and I, no joke, in one day spent 8 hours talking about who we would add to the design team. And this was just 1 day out of probably 2 weeks of talking about who we would ask to be on the team in our first design team call. It's a LOT of work! And unfortunately for me, time I dont have at this time of year while running a company and a young family. So this time, I decided to ask myself. Now of course my list of potentials to ask was still a mile long and each very amazing talented crafter I asked for a specific reason of what style I thought she could bring to PMS. I think you will all truly enjoy this new team! You'll recognize their work I'm sure as they were fans of PMS long before i asked. :) A few of them I've worked with before, and a few not but i truly believe they will help to grow and enhance this little company of mine! I will consider opening a call in the future to help us grow!

And now, without further ado, i bring you our new team members that will be joining our existing team...

In alphabetical order because there is no other good way to show them off....


I have admired Amber's clean and sophisticated style since she tried out for our first dt call.
It is a style that i think you will all find refreshing, wonderful and devine!


And now onto...
I have "known" this christi (yep, now we have 2, oh boy my head is going to spin) since before I started my venture in having my own company and she has been such a supporter since day 1! Not to mention she does amazing work! How could i not as her to join in on my team! You'll recognize her too, as she's at many of the parties and plays in many of our challenges...



Next up is...
Can I say enough about this girl? She has been a huge fan and promoter of the company for quite some time. This girl is one of the most genuinely nice gals i've had the pleasure to come across! She always has a kind word and she's pretty ingenious in what she creates! We hope that you will also check out her Flutterby Wednesday Challenges in which she has often used a PMS fairy!



And now onto Gabby Arriaza
Gabby is a phenom talent! We become friends thru another design team back in the day and her talent always struck me! I love her punky and sassy style both in card making and in life! Oh yeah, she's pretty good at that little thing called coloring too! :)


And now onto our next fabulouso design team member...
Maria and I became friends thru the wonderful world of blogging. Her work simply blows me away! She has that shabby chic with a slightly rustic twist thing down! She colors with pencils which even though i'm a copic user myself, i find very refreshing! You will adore her work! And you've seen it here and there as well! Oh, did i mention she's sweeter than apple pie?


And last but certainly not least...
I also worked with Melyssa on another team but i have LONG since been a huge fan of her work! I mean, she truly is an amazing crafter! I was so thrilled that she accepted my invitation since she designs digi stamps for her own company as well (which are just as cute as can be, so you might want to take a peekie when you go over to say hello!)



So there ya have it folks! Our newest family members! Now they don't officially start until January 1st, but i truly could not sit on this fabulous news for one more second! Please go and visit each of them and leave them some love, would ya!




19 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW What a lineup of talent you've hand picked Katie! I cannot wait to see what they do!

Michelle VP said...

Wow, that's a lot of new DT members! Congrats ladies.

Shaela said...

Welcome to family, girls! :) Such wonderful talent you're bringing to the team, Katie - way to go!

Carisa said...

Wow, they are all very talented! It's great to add on to your DT with people that already have a passion and supporters of your stamp line! It must've been a hard decision but a lot of companies do not put out open calls and now I can definately understand why!

Nancy said...

Congratulations Girls!!!

Kim said...

Oh what fabulous choices, Katie!!!! This is an exciting way to kick off the new year and you girls will love the PMS team so much!!!!

dawnmercedes said...

Ooh, what fun we will have! Welcome to the team ladies!!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Wonderful! Can hardly wait to see all the inspiration they bring :)

Christi said...

Yippeee! This has been such a hard secret to sit on... Congratulations to the rest of the team. I can't wait to work with you all!!! smiles...

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Congrats to the new DT members! I can't wait to work with all of you!! Your creations are spectacular!

i'm with the band said...

Congrats to everyone! I'm so excited to join the team!

Gabby said...

YAY! I am so stoked to be a part of PMS! I get it every month...LMBO! I know...that's an old joke of mine since I first heard of Paper Makeup Stamps. I would say it's the best PMS to get! :P Anywho...congrats to the other FAB chicas! Can't wait to work with you all. :D Thanks once again and again Katie!

Christi Flores said...

Congratulations ladies!! You all are going to make wonderful additions to the team. :) I am uber excited!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! Congrats to all of these talented ladies I know!!! I am THRILLED for all of them!

Stampin_melissa said...

Congrats Ladies! Such incredible artwork!

Danni said...

I'm so honored to be a part of this team!! looking forward to lots of fun in 2010!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations to you all, I'm looking forward to the inspiration you will share!

Tracey said...

What an incredible team!! Congratulations to each of you!

Tina said...

Congrats girlies! I am so excited to work with you!!