Sunday, November 28, 2010

November Guest Designer Spotlight

This month's Guest Designer is Michelle McDaniel.
1.  When did you get started in stamping?
I was invited to a stamping party in 2002 and was instantly hooked! I've been stamping ever since.

2.  All Stylists have a go to accessory or tool... what's yours?
I seem to always use my trimmer and Scor-buddy on all my projects so those are two tools I can't live without! As far as accessories go I'd say that I always seem to use ribbon and pattern paper...seems those two items are always on my creations. Looking at my room you'd probably notice all the paper and ribbon I have. Seeing all the different styles, colors and patterns just makes me happy!!

3.  Where do you find inspiration?
 I'm a huge sketch fan! Can't get enough and I  print off sketches weekly and add them to a sketch notebook I keep right on my desk. I love that sketches give me a place to start without limits. I also enjoy looking at magazines and blogs for placement of embellishments, coloring of images and color combos.

4.  What drew you to PMS?
I'm a big Fairy fan...PMS has some of the BEST fairies. Plus the quotes just speak to my heart. They are so uplifting!

5.  What is your favorite color palette?
Not sure I have just one color palette I use but pink and brown would probably be at the top. I have to admit that green, pink and turquoise is very close though!

6.  When you aren't stamping, what do you like to do?
Spending time with my family, helping out at my daughter's school and leading her Girl Scout troop, reading and watching crime dramas.

7.  Tell us something, not stamping related, about you...
I am an Accountant turned Preschool Teacher. I'm also a Demonstrator for The Angel Company where I was honored to be named Angel of the Year this past July. I have one daughter but dream of a larger family. Not sure my husband feels the same though, lol! 

Michelle has great coloring skills which are just perfect for PMS images!  Here are a few of our favs...





Thanks Michelle for being our Guest!!

4 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

Love your cards!! It has been fun to get to know you more!

Michelle VP said...

Those are some really fun cards, Michelle! The fairies were my first PMS stamps too! :)

Michelle said...

Thanks ladies! I had a blast!!

Tina said...

It was great having you as a Guest Artist, your work is amazing.