Monday, October 25, 2010

Makeup Artist Spotlight

This week we are spotlighting Makeup Artist Christi Snow (Altered Ambitions).  Did you know Christi and her hubby recently moved in to their dream home?  She has had quite the eventful year!

Christi has such a fun and exciting style, that is all her own!  She comes up with the greatest ideas... I can just lose myself in her blog.  This is Christi's favorite card and while she didn't tell me why, it's not hard to guess why... I love her colors and details!
My favorite thing about Christi's creations are her details.  She certainly has her own style, but then there is not "one thing" that is a "trademark" of sorts.  She just does amazing things with the details!  I can't possibly pick a favorite from Christi's blog, but this card perfectly demonstrates what I mean about the details...
This is one of my favorite parts... getting to know the Artist!  Christi cracks me up, I just love her spunky spirit!


1.  When did you get started stamping?  15 years ago. I saw a demonstration of heat embossing at a little gift shop and have been addicted ever since.
2.  Tell me 5 songs or artists on your iPod right now.  hmmm, there is music on my iPod, but I am not a huge music girl. The main things used on my iPod are my favorite podcast, Paperclipping Roundtable, and there are some Nickelodeon shows on there (Dora and Little Bear) that Kat watches at football games and when we are flying. ;o)
3.  All Stylists have a go to accessory or tool... what's yours?  watercolor pencils....LOVE them and what I can do with them. I am afraid to even try Copics because I know that I will become addicted...LOL!
4.  What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?  Chocolate & Peanut butter from Baskin Robbins...there is NO better flavor out there anywhere!!!
5.  Where do you find inspiration?  Everywhere!!! I adore blogs...probably have about 200 of them on my reader. I esp. love the wedding blogs for inspiration. I also love looking at magazines and stores like Target or Anthropologie!
6.  Do you have a favorite technique or style?  I am a huge lover of the shabby chic look with lots of embellishments. I usually can't pull it off because I tend to have a cleaner style, but when I can...it's LOVE!
7.  What is your favorite color palette?  Red is my favorite color so I love to pair colors with it.... esp. black or robin's egg blue.
8.  When your 'mojo' takes a spa day without you, what gets your creative juices flowing again?  For me, the best way to get my creative muse going again is to start creating something different. The majority of my work is done with cards or scrapbooking so if I change my papercraft to altered arts, atc's, canvases, or even sewing projects, it gives a huge boost to my creative muse.
9.  When you aren't stamping, what do you like to do?  READING!!! I am a huge reader (average probably 3-4 books a week), but it isn't fine literature. I read for entertainment and that comes in the form of romances or chick lit...just fun stuff!
10.  Tell us something, not stamping related, about you...  My guilty shopping pleasure besides craft supplies and books is shoes. I love what a fun new cute pair of shoes can do as an ego boost. Just something fun about a sassy pair of shoes (I very rarely spend more than $30 on a pair) and there is something powerful about heels which I wear with everything (even my tennis shoes are heels...Sketchers from Victoria's Secret...love them!) ooh, and I guess that is another guilty pleasure that I spend money on...Victoria's Secret. Pretty panties and bras do the same thing for my ego as fun, sassy heels. Is that TMI??? ;o)



Soooo... don't you just love her!  Leave her some love here, or even better head on over to her blog, Altered Ambitions and while you are being swept away by her creativity you can leave her some love there!

3 comments:

StampinCathy said...

I just love Christi! She is so sweet, creative, inspiring, and so kind. I look forward to her updates everyday. I love her creative style. It was nice to get to know a little bit about you.

Tiff said...

Christi ROCKS! Love her style!

Tina said...

Christi does rock. It's been so nice getting to know you.