Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday Challenge!

I apologize for getting this up late ladies! I'm still in catch up mode and top that off with my spastic internet, posting has been a little tough!

I finally got to use my chelly image i colored for the coloring class i taught last saturday! Woot! And it worked perfectly for today's challenge.

Today's challenge is an EMBELLISHMENT CHALLENGE. Since this is the first embellishment challenge, i kept it super simple. All ya gotta do is use some BLING! The only catch is you have to use 2 different kinds of bling. But it's still easy enough, bling can be anything that shimmers, sparkles, gleams or glistens! haha.




For my bling i used a pica pen on her dress (hard to see in the photo), stickles on her wings, i used glitter paper by Best Creations, some satin ribbon and then a green rhinestone. Lotsa bling! More details on my blog.

Dont forget to link up your card here in Mr. Linky. Next sunday we'll do a show off of all the cards!



And if uploading to splitcoast or paper craft planet, use these Tags, papermakeupstamps, PMSeb1

12 comments:

Dawn Wheeler said...

Oh Katie its gorgeous ,love the image and the way you added sparkle to the backing paper ,fabulous ,hugs Dawnxxx

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Oooh, my favorite kind of embellishment! Working on a card for you right now with my new stamps that came today! Woohoo!

Christi Flores said...

This is awesome girl!! I'm getting my challenge post uploaded now!!

Unknown said...

oh i just did a card the other day using your stamps ;)
and is perfect for this challenge too ;)
kool!
http://creatingisfun.blogspot.com/2009/03/challenges.html

Tenia Nelson said...

What a fun challenge, Katie!!! I linked my card to Mr. Linky!! Thanks for the fun!!

-t

Tenia Nelson said...

....Great card by the way!!! Have a great day!!
-t

Debbie Pamment said...

Yay - my first 4 PMS stamps arrived in the post yesterday so I was able to play along - am soo excited to have them in my "stash"!

Cassie said...

This was a ton of fun!! I linked it up on PCP - as it is for my SIL's bday on Friday and since she reads my blog I don't want her to see it yet!

Tina said...

Great card, Katie!! I finally got around to finishing mine tonight! Great challenge!

de said...

I'm linked with Mr. Linky!

stampin-de-va.blogspot.com

Kim said...

I applied your bling challenge to my blog hop project :)

Unknown said...

I missed the deadline, but I'm adding my links here anyhow LOL