During one of Randee's trips to my area, I got to meet her for lunch, she's even sweeter in person! And the fact that she is clearly a Bears fan weighs HUGELY in her favor ;), lol. When I asked Randee to choose her favorite PMS creation, this is what she said... "I love this card because it uses one of my favorite fairys, Kirsten, in a unique and different way. I saw a silhouette image of a dandelion field and this idea just popped into my head - I just love it when your ideas translate to a card just the way you imagine. I think this card just came together beautifully, from the colors to the layout to the sentiment and image - I LOVE it all!"
Isn't this just stunning?!? I LOVE everything about that card!! Here is one of my favorites from Randee
I just love her "out of the box" thinking... isn't this fun?!?!?!!? This would make an awesome Teen girl party invite. You know what's next, yup, and Q&A sit down with Randee...
- When did you get started stamping? It seems like forever, but when I relate it to my pregnancies it dates back to about 12 years ago. A coworker came into work with a card she made at a SU! party. I went to her party, had my own, became a demonstrator, discovered SCS, blog world and PMS!!
- Tell me 5 songs or artists on your iPod right now. I haven't added anything new in quite awhile, actually I've only added the intial play list! Most of the songs are funky upbeat songs to keep me moving whether it's in the lab, on a walk or on a treadmill. I've got newer stuff from Usher, Nelly, and JT and older stuff from Salt n Peppa and Rob Base!!
- All Stylists have a go to accessory or tool... what's yours? If I'm not adding actual stitching to a card I always seem to end up grabbing my faux stitching tool (aka tracing wheel) I love the sublte interest and dimension it adds to cards and layers .
- What's your favorite flavor of ice cream? Boring, I know, but my favorite is plain ol' Vanilla. Love the old-fashioned country churned kind. Maybe it's because it goes well with soo many other things :0)
- Where do you find inspiration? I find inspiration everywhere! Sounds cliche, but it's true. Blogs, SCS and mags are a big source of inspiration, but catalogs, fabrics, home decor and nature have all inspired me as well.
- Do you have a favorite technique or style? I love all different styles and techniques and have tried many of them, but I seem to gravitate towards layers and antiquing. I LOVE pop dots and Ranger distress ink :0)
- What is your favorite color palette? Bold bright colors! I love greens and blues and bright orangey reds
- When your 'mojo' takes a spa day without you, what gets your creative juices flowing again? I try to find a card I like and CASE it. Usually I end up tweaking it or trying something new. Another thing I do is try to come up with something out of very limited supplies or only the supplies right in front of me. That usually gets me thinking creatively or out of the box. And finally, I try to think of something unique or different that uses a technique or stamp in a different way.
- When you aren't stamping, what do you like to do? I have 3 boys that keep me VERY busy and occupied with their activities. I love taking morning walks (weather permitting) with my dog - the solitude is lovely. We have been in a whole house remodel project for 6 years now, but I still like searching for that perfect home accessory or planning and completing the next step in the never-ending project.
- Tell us something, not stamping related, about you... I like to play golf and I am a die-hard Chicago sports fan!! I've been a Chicago Bears, Blackhawks and Cubs fan for as long as I can remeber (yes even before the Stanley Cup win). I love dressing up in all the fan wear and going to the games or screaming from the couch!
Well that's all for now. You can leave Randee some love here or, better yet head over to her blog, check out her awesomeness and leave her a comment or two there :).