Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Another day to RETHINK





Well February is coming to a close (soon, but not yet!)
We have a few more Paper Makeup Artists very first cards to share with you!

Today we have Maria Gurnsey and honorary Paper Makeup Artist (and one of our illustrators!) Shaela Odd!

First, here's Maria's very first PMS card!


First of all, i have to say that i LOVE Maria's asthetic! Her cards always make my jaw drop to the floor. One of those, man, why cant I make cards like that! In her first card she used Gus, the birthday monster. And she used a sentiment from the monster sentiments set. I love how her card is a combo of pink, brown and black! Simply fab.


For Maria remake, use used the same sketch, but changed up the look of her card. Again, i love her card and my jaw has dropped to the floor. Here she used the raindrops and rainbows set!
Look at all the little detail like the subtle stitching over the ribbon. ACK, love it!

Ok, next up....



Now Shaela has been with us from the get go. I knew i wanted her as an addition to the team before I even made the design team call! What i didnt know at the time was what a fabulous illustrator she would be for the company! She gets me. And i love that from my illustrators!
Oh right, the card... hehe. She has used one of the first PMS fairies, Lauren in Love.
And here is her remake...

This card stuns me as well! Shaela has really developed some mad coloring skills in the last year! Of course her first card was fab, but her rethink... fabULOUS. :)

Thanks so much for dropping by today!!! We always love seeing you! :)

1 comment:

Gabby said...

I agree...Maria's work is delicious! LOVE both her first and re-think card! And then Shaela's cards...even more delish! Great job on the re-thinks girls!