Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tuesday Meet n Greet with Meli Mitchell

Hello ladies! It's time for another Meet n Greet with one of our fabulous Design Team Members!

Today we're "meeting" the wonderful Meli Mitchell!

First... here's the questions we always ask!

When did you start stamping?
I started stamping about 5 years ago. I had been into scrapbooking since Natalie was born and a friend that I scrapped with invited me to a Stampin' Up! party. I had fun and got a few sets...then that friend became a demo and I joined her stamp club. We did tons of projects and partied once a month with our stamps. It was lots 'o' fun. Now I'm a big stampin' geek.

What first drew you to PMS?
The people. I "met" Katie through the Bellaholics group and have known Christi, the DT leader, since we were in the 6th grade. I joined the PMS group over at Paper Craft Planet and just loved getting to know Katie and the people who used the stamps.

What's your favorite stamping color combo?
Anything paired with dark brown. I actually painted the rooms in my house according to Stampin' Up! colors. I took pieces of Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky and Pink Pirouette cardstock in and had them match it. I know, I'm a freak! I tend to use a lot of pink too.

What else do you like to do?
I am a total nerd. I read a lot. Jane Austen, Harry Potter series, Jackie Collins. I will read anything. I am also a huge old movie buff. Most nights you will find me curled up in my recliner with my Yorkie watching an Audrey Hepburn or Monte Clift movie. I spend a lot of time with my husband and my kids. That usually means we are on a ball field watching or playing a game. I also collect Hello Kitty. It's an obsession.

Where do you get inspiration from?
Other crafters mostly. I troll blogs a lot and will jot down things or sketches in my journal that I really like.

What's on your Ipod?
LOOOOOTS of John Mayer. When I say that, I mean I have over 500 John Mayer songs. I'm serious. My husband is constantly making fun of me because he's almost all I listen to.
I also have a lot of Prince, 80's hairband music, Lady GaGa, Enrique Iglesias, Madonna, Ne-Yo, Taylor Swift, Alicia Keys, Psapp, Regina Spektor, Amy Winehouse, Linkin Park, Bon Jovi, New Kids on the Block.....I just love music.





And now, Meli has been ROCKIN' PMS stamps this past week or so.  I mean, when she has to take a break (her daughter had a big birthday bash to which she gave away some fun blog candy if you might remember) she comes back with a vengeance so all of these beautiful creations are ones you havent seen yet (on this blog... hehehe)















Aren't these all just GORGEOUS?! Dont forget to go leave Meli some love on her blog!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Meli, your ipod sounds a lot like mine...except the John Mayer LOL I didn't know he even HAD 500 songs!

Love seeing your work with these stamps :)

Rachel said...

I was also unaware that John Mayer had 500 songs... I was unaware he had 50! You rock it out girl. LOVE the bold cards. Meli is awesome.

dawnmercedes said...

ooh lovely creations!!